The mission of the GTCC Purchasing Department is to support the college’s overall mission by procuring supplies, equipment, and services in a timely manner and by obtaining the most advantageous pricing. We provide information, assistance, and service to our faculty and staff, who are then better able to serve our students.
The Purchasing Department has sole authority within the institution to buy goods and services for use by the faculty, staff, and administration. All requests to purchase goods and services must be submitted directly to the Purchasing Department, or by use of the procurement card (P-card).
The College’s purchasing system is under the supervision of the Director of Purchasing. The system provides for the orderly and cost effective acquisition of the products and services needed to support the College and its mission and is in compliance with state law and administrative code governing the conduct of agencies expending public funds.
Click on the link to read
Information for Vendors
Doing Business with GTCC
North Carolina General Contract Terms & Conditions
- NC General Contract Terms & Conditions – Contractual & Consultant Services
- NC General Contract Terms & Conditions
Historically Underutilized Business (HUB)
Historically Underutilized Businesses (HUB) In 2002, GTCC adopted a policy to strive for a minimum of 10% of all purchases to be with Historically Underutilized Businesses (HUB) vendors.
The policy states:
“It is the intent of the Board of Trustees of Guilford Technical Community College to encourage and promote equal opportunities for Historically Underutilized Businesses in order to foster more diverse participation in all aspects of procurement and contracting opportunities at Guilford Technical Community College. Further, it is the policy of Board of Trustees of Guilford Technical Community College to prohibit discrimination against any person or business on the basis of race, color, sex, religion, or national origin.”
HUB businesses are defined as one:
- In which at least 51 percent of the business, or of the stock in the case of a corporation, is owned by one or more minority persons, women, or disabled persons, and
- of which one or more minority persons, women, or disabled persons control the management and daily business operations.
The objectives of the college’s HUB Plan are to:
- increase the college’s expenditures for the procurement of goods and services from HUB vendors to a goal of at least 10 percent while maintaining the integrity of sound financial practices and complying with state purchasing and contracting laws and policies;
- accurately report the participation by HUB vendors and contractors in procurement and construction contracts at the college that heretofore went unreported;
- comply with state laws and procedures related to participation by HUBs in construction, service, and procurement contracts;
- establish procedures that will not increase the cost of the college’s purchasing and contracting programs; and to
- accomplish these objectives utilizing the limited staffing and funding resources available to the college.
See LINKS for NC Department of Administration-Office of Historically Underutilized Business
Accounts Payable provides the College Community with efficient and professional support for the payment of goods and services in support of the College’s educational, student support services, and administrative needs. GTCC’s Accounts Payable Department processes vendor payments and employee reimbursements in an accurate and proficient manner while following the rules, policies and regulations of each respective funding source.
All original invoices should be made out to Guilford Technical Community College (GTCC) and mailed directly to:
PO Box 309
Jamestown, NC 27282
Questions and inquiries should be directed to Julie Denil at (336) 334-4822, ext 50142
Current Bid Opportunities
Professional Service Agreements (PSAs)
Links To Key Websites
- NC Department of Administration-Divison of Purchase & Contract (P&C)
- NC Office of Information Technology Services – Statewide IT Procurement Office (ITS)
- NC Interactive Purchasing System (IPS)
- Vendor Link NC
- NC e-Procurement System (ePro)
- NC Department of Administration-Office of Historically Underutilized Businesses (HUB)
Monday-Friday, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
The Purchasing Department is closed for college holidays and any other time the college is closed. (e.g. inclement weather, faculty/staff professional days, etc.)
(336) 334-4822 from Jamestown Campus
(336) 454-1126 from High Point Campus
Director of Purchasing
(336) 334-4822 Ext. 50343
(336) 334-4822 Ext. 50682
(336) 334-4822 Ext. 50196