Catalyst for success
Supporting success through innovative education, training, and partnerships
Goal 1: Improve student access, success, progress and completion
- Provide clear student pathways to job placement/upgrade or college transfer
- Implement or enhance multiple learning models and academic support strategies to meet the needs of a diverse learning population
- Implement or enhance college processes that mitigate obstacles to access and completion.
- Promote a campus culture of inclusion.
Goal 2: Use technology effectively to enhance the student, faculty and staff experience
- Develop and implement a visionary technology planning process that provides for and supports the college’s technology requirements and use of technology by students, faculty and staff.
- Support innovation by providing meaningful professional development that promotes technology integration in classroom and instructional support practices.
Goal 3: Secure additional funding through strategic pursuit of grants, gifts and entrepreneurial endeavors
- Seek to attract grant funding that aligns with our strategic plan
- Collaborate with the GTCC Foundation to promote advocacy and financial support by individual and institutional donors
- Enhance or develop alternative streams of funding
Goal 4: Identify and meet employer and community needs in the region
- Provide employers with an effective workforce that in part aligns with regional industry clusters
- Provide cultural, personal, and professional enrichment programs for the community
Goal 5: Provide learning opportunities in a safe, convenient and inviting atmosphere
- Provide an infrastructure that oversees, support, sustains and monitors college regulatory compliance and other needs for emergency preparedness and campus safety
- Assess facility assets regarding strategic redeployment of existing space, program access and future growth
- Foster student and employee engagement in sustainable facilities, campus beautification and college pride
Goal 6: Cultivate a workplace culture of inclusion that welcomes, develops, supports and empowers employees
- Foster a college culture that supports employee diversity through recruitment and retention
- Provide best-in-class professional development for all employees
- Develop institutional leaders